Thursday, July 24, 2014

LIVING IN THE HEBRIDES


All of the above!!

This is the bridge to The Isle of Skye that I could view from my cottage.


My first stop for my summer in Scotland was Kyle of Lochalsh. It is the gateway to the Isle of Skye.
This area is called the Hebrides,in the Northwest of Scotland. Skye is the largest of the Inner Hebrides 48 miles by 3-25 miles. It is deparated from the mainland by the Sound of Sleat.


This is my cottage that faced the lake.  


I spent many days of exploring the Isle. The hiking was incredible. The days had highs of 62, and most were sunny. The nights were cool - 49-50 degrees. 
This is the lighthouse trail in Neist Point. The furtherst point West in the UK.
I hiked out to this point. 
Hat and coat in July!!!
This is the most famous hike on the island....The Old Man of Storr. It was a beautiful hike, with beautiful views to the sea. 
On the way up!
Worth the climb.

I took the ferry to the Isle of Raasay. I hiked up to Dun Caan (hill forts)
Ferry to Raasay.
Dominating the land of summer seas, streams, woodland glens, mountain passes, cliffs, and waterfalls are the Cuillin Hills. This is the range of jagged black mountains that are a mecca for rock climbers. (The author was content to hike and not to climb rocks!)
My friends in the Highland hills - the Highland cows. Only seen in the Hebrides. 
Meeting friends on my hikes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment