Wednesday, September 5, 2012

THE BEACHES OF BULGARIA AND THE STRANGE BODIES ON THEM!!!

Katherine and I spent a lot of time in Pomorie on "our beach". Pomorie is about a 10 minute drive from our villa down the coast. We found a 5 star hotel - The Grand Hotel Pomorie, and located the spa. We made a series of spa appointments - a 90 minute hot stone massage is 120BLN ($78 US). This treatment is priced in the US - $150 - $250 , depending on what part of the country you visit the spa.

Across the street from the hotel, was a wonderful beach. There was a beach bar, a restaurant, cabanas with good shade provided, beach lounges, tables, and a wait staff on the beach. Also, there was free wifi. The cabanas could be rented for the entire day for $12.00.

 

Pomorie, has a lake which connects to the sea, creating brakish water. In this water, there is a black mud that settles in the bottom. The mud is said to be curative for many diseases of the bone - arthritis, as well as cosmetically removing blemishes, and creates younger looking skin. Many of the beach people would walk to the lake, and then come back to the beach with the mud encrusted on them. Katherine and I chose to have our mud put on our bodies in the Spa!!

Are you wearing your wife's hat?
Is this really going to work?
I'll put it on my body, if you put it on your body!!
Mud couples.
Are you kidding me?

We spent many hours relaxing, swimming, reading and most importantly - people watching!!!

Where we were living all of the residents were from the UK. However, the Bulgarians and the Russians populate the beach resorts. When I tell you that we are the only Americans in Bulgaria I am not exaggerating!! Glance at my photos of the beach people, and you will know that most American men past a certain age do not wear speedos; and most American women would not be caught dead in a bikini, unless they had "Miss Texas" bodies.....ENJOY!!!

 

THE WOMEN ON THE BEACH OF BULGARIA.........

I think the mud's over here?
I am not putting that black stuff on my body.

Nothing like "People" magazine for a good read
Another day at the beach.
Has anyone seen my beach towel?
I'm going to get the last piece of corn.

 

AND NOW THE MEN............

With T-Shirt

 

Without T-Shirt which looks better?

 

Where's the mud?
Maybe if I get in quickly, no one will notice.


This suit fit 3 years ago....

 

Where's the corn?

 

Maybe I shouldn't have worn my wife's bathing suit?
Oh well, no one will notice.

AND THE CORN GUYS.......

 

OF COURSE THE BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN ON THE BEACH


I think if we put more water in it, we'd get a better look
I'm sassy and I know it.
I am not taking off these sunglasses.
Everyone loves the corn
I bet no one will figure out what I'm doing....

 

I love my rabbit ear hat.

 

 

AND OF COURSE "THE GIRLS" ON THE BEACH.......

It doesn't get better than this!!!
I'm enjoying my corn!!

 

 

NEARBY BEACH TOWNS.......

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment